a look behind the scenes

My name is tammi swanson. I am a photographer, a children's clothing designer, and a stylist. I have also been a model, and a hair and makeup artist. My life, it seems, has always been surrounded by photo shoots and the fashion industry. My passion is children's editorial photography, and children's clothing. The stylist in me is always searching for the perfect items for photo shoots, so I have finally decided to turn my ideas into a children's collection. I see the end result, which is the photo shoot, in my head, and that is where I begin. I describe my designs to my pattern maker, we work out all of the details, and then I shoot the pieces the way I have them envisioned. It's all about creating a story, the mood, the beauty of childhood. I love the children in rennaisance paintings, pale sea and sand colors and tree-lined paths. I love formal gardens, small towns, farms and the countryside. Hopefully, some of you love these things too. This blog will tell the behind the scenes story of how it all comes together. Including what's really going on before, during, and after the photo shoots!

"Ophelia" tulle skirt giveaway!

Add yourself as a follower and automatically enter yourself to win the "Ophelia" tulle skirt! The drawing will be held December first and you will be able to choose your color and size of skirt. This is a $178.00 silk and tulle skirt with a silk underskirt. Perfect for a special photo shoot or a wedding or family portraits or the holidays!


the "Ophelia" tulle skirt

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

smitten!

I have to say that when I found out that people had been blogging about Opal, I was completely flattered! I was so excited that Bootsie King had declared she was "Smitten with Opal". I was also happy to get feedback on the music. It's nice to have people notice the smallest parts. It's the details that matter!

Karen Sanders also gave us accolades on her gorgeous blog- Cavania. Cavania is a treat for the eyes. She's beautifully creative. She has the most unique cards all available to purchase and I love looking at all the things that inspire her.

My good friend, Leigh Chandler, also recently blogged about Opal. She is not only an inspiration to me with all of her creativity, but also personally. She is confidant and amazingly talented and I am proud to even know her. Take a look at all of her talents at Papillon Linens.

Lastly, I'll add a little bit of inspiration I found on the The Cherry Blossom Girl. I love her! It is the theme for the next Opal Petit Clothier shoot. I can't wait! (plus I want the shoes, but first I need a place to wear them!) Also, I'm including a shot of the hair I'm going for. I had a version of it in my head but actually found it in a photo shoot in W Magazine when I was getting my hair done ( beauty is everywhere...) It was a shoot by Craig McDean with hair by Eugene Souleiman. It will all be amazing on my little muses! Oh yes, and keep tuned in for an upcoming "Mia" tulle skirt giveaway!









No comments:

Post a Comment