a look behind the scenes

My name is tammi swanson. I am a photographer, a children's clothing designer, and a stylist. I have also been a model, and a hair and makeup artist. My life, it seems, has always been surrounded by photo shoots and the fashion industry. My passion is children's editorial photography, and children's clothing. The stylist in me is always searching for the perfect items for photo shoots, so I have finally decided to turn my ideas into a children's collection. I see the end result, which is the photo shoot, in my head, and that is where I begin. I describe my designs to my pattern maker, we work out all of the details, and then I shoot the pieces the way I have them envisioned. It's all about creating a story, the mood, the beauty of childhood. I love the children in rennaisance paintings, pale sea and sand colors and tree-lined paths. I love formal gardens, small towns, farms and the countryside. Hopefully, some of you love these things too. This blog will tell the behind the scenes story of how it all comes together. Including what's really going on before, during, and after the photo shoots!

"Ophelia" tulle skirt giveaway!

Add yourself as a follower and automatically enter yourself to win the "Ophelia" tulle skirt! The drawing will be held December first and you will be able to choose your color and size of skirt. This is a $178.00 silk and tulle skirt with a silk underskirt. Perfect for a special photo shoot or a wedding or family portraits or the holidays!


the "Ophelia" tulle skirt

Sunday, January 10, 2010

black lace in winter





I have been so absent! I have so many ideas, yet not enough time to see them through- but today I was lucky enough to use a gorgeous winter day to my advantage. I have been loving black lace lately and wanted to do something with it for opal, so I finally got my chance. I used the Ophelia skirt in Noir and paired it with a pretty black lace parasol and some silk and lace flowerettes that I made. Mia made my perfect subject with her newly black hair. (she begged!) I had spied this open field on "old farm road" while running a while back and I'm glad I got the chance to shoot it while it was still all silver and wintery. I still have more ideas and I'll see if I can get to them before spring! I have a lot of catching up to do! Here's our shoot and some behind the scenes shots too-











Here's our location-




We drove Daddy's truck




8 comments:

  1. Stunning, and Mia looks so different with dark hair, very grown up.
    Beautiful photos as ever. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should post more often! Your photography is beautiful and the clothing you use is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are stunning! absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mia looks beautiful - that black lace compliments her perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photography and I am loving the tulle skirts..wish I saw this when I was shopping for my flower girl! I'm def. following you..

    ~TF
    http://overlookingmississippi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello there! thanks for your sweet comment, love this blog!
    britt

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear, these is gorgeous, absolutely spendid! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photo's are amazing friend & your beautiful model is precious! I love the dress & her lacey parasol...Just wonderful!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete